Sunday, December 02, 2007

Quite a long break !

Gosh, I can't believe I have been away for so long from my blog. Three and a half months to be precise. In mitigation I have to say that during this time I have written an e book on all things about how to lead your life, something I can leave behind for my daughter some of the principles that she would know that her mother tried to apply in her life.

Personal development is an interest I seem to be returning again and again. I am almost hooked to it. I must admit that sometimes I need to take time away from it and return with a refreshed mind with new ideas. Instead of blogging I have kept a journal noting down thoughts that have come fleetingly, stayed for a while, some incubated, perhaps fodder for some future writing and rumination.

Writing is something I love to do . When it is a daily exercise, no matter how many brick walls I have to tackle it somehow makes me smile and a sense of calmness permeates my being with the knowledge that everything is going to be alright.

Its after ten at night, on a Sunday, my mac is on my lap , I am reclined on my comfy sofa with the quilt covering me and a hot mug of tea on the coffeee table next to me. What could be more bliss than this. And I am doing what I love to do. The joy that fills every cell of my body makes me realise what little it takes to be so happy. When we make time to do the things we love there is no greater joy.

I am glad that I took the road to self employment three and a half years ago but those who are working at a 9 to 5 job, instead of feeling 'oh no tomorrow is Monday again' it is just as easy to say that tomorrow after work when I return home I will do the thing that gives me joy instead of sitting in front of the TV for three hours. When we make time for what makes our heart sing life holds a new meaning. We are in flow and we lose sense of time and space. Whether it be painting, composing a piece of music, writing or building something, this act of creative effort triggers something within us which touches the core of our being and we are at one with something greater than ourselves. The creative forces within us makes us create something which in itself becomes an act of worship guided by the divine hand. I have come to this place I do not know how but what I do know is that where I am now is perfect . Everything is unfolding as it should and it is an ongoing journey that I am relishing. Its never too late to be what you wanted to be, said George Eliot, and we should heed her words .

What is it that you love doing? Even if it is for half an hour do it now and say to yourself that you will do it every day and see what a difference it makes to your life.

No comments: