Monday, July 28, 2008

Steven Pressfield

An excerpt from an interview between Goodread and Steven Pressfield :

GR: Describe a typical day spent writing. Do you have any unusual writing habits?

SP: I fiddle around for a long time, all morning usually, before I finally overcome Resistance and get down to work. I try to be as stupid as possible. I just let it rip and try not to censor anything. My goal is just to get something down, good or bad, and K.B.O., Keep Buggering On. I'm very superstitious. I collect pennies. I have a little cannon on my desk that I point at me, to fire inspiration into me. That's only the beginning. They say there's no such thing as writing, only rewriting. I'd divide the activity into two. Yes, there's writing. You have to be fearless and keep grinding, day after day, month after month. Then there's rewriting. That's almost as hard but not as scary. I try to stay as dumb as possible. Don't think about it, do it.

To read the whole interview visit:

http://www.goodreads.com/interviews/steven_pressfield?utm_medium=email&utm_source=June_newsletter

No comments: